The best quality of coffee depends on its flavor and method of brewing. You can now enjoy some tasty coffee thanks to the Keurig Coffee maker. The brand is known for their excellent single-cup coffee makers. It’s difficult to find a coffee maker that provides a rich, yet consistent flavor like Keurig.
However, with numerous Keurig coffee maker models in the market, it can be daunting to settle on as most of them have similar features. Each time a new model is released the buyers are eager to get their hand on it. This is understandable because Keurig is known for the quality of coffee it brews and its convenience.
Factors to Take into Consideration When Buying a Keurig Coffee Maker
- Strength Control
How do you like your coffee? If you’re not too much interested in the coffee strength, a simple model like K55 would do the trick. But if you’re after some string coffee with rich flavors, the Plus Series models are an excellent choice.
- Type of Water Reservoir
Models like K575, K55, and K250 have large size water reservoir, meaning that you don’t have to refill the water each time you brew some coffee. The compact single-serve models works best if you don’t mind filling the water reservoir.
Are you looking for value for money or you’d rather splurge on an advanced coffee maker? You can get a standard Keurig coffee maker which makes good quality coffee, one that is durable and boasts of great looks for $150.
If you’re still not sure of which model to buy, here are some of the top rated Keurig Coffee Makers in the market.
Top Keurig Coffee Makers in 2018
The K575 coffee maker belongs to the Series Line. The only downside is that you’ll have to purchase the carafe separately. This unit can brew multiple sizes which vary from 4-12 ounces once it’s filled with 80 ounces of water. Also, you can adjust the temperature and concentration of the brew by accessing the unit’s color display pad. You can customize the display to reveal beautiful wallpapers. The display can also be used as nightlight.
- Auto on/off feature
- Colored touch pad
- Programmable clock
- Programmable setup
- Temperature and strength control
- A touch screen
- Water reservoir
- Expensive compared to other models
- You cannot use other K-cups
Keurig K55 is a top favorite and it’s on the best sellers list. You get to enjoy a unique taste and flexibility all in one machine. The easy setup makes this coffee maker a favorite with home users. You’re ready to make your cup of coffee after some calibration and filling of the reservoir. The best thing about the K55 is that you can brew up to 5 cups in the single refill thanks to its size. The removable drip tray means that you can add different mug sizes.
- Detachable water reservoir
- Auto-turnoff button
- Removable drip tray
- Removable water reservoir
- Indicator lights
- Easy to setup
- Ability to create ground flavors and incorporate different flavors of coffee
- Makes different brew sizes
- Easy to clean due to its removable drip tray
- Doesn’t have a descaling option
- Small water reservoir
- A bit of noise if you prefer your mornings quiet
This is a fantastic coffee maker if you’re a first time buyer. What’s more, you can choose from four different colors. The K45 allows you to make three different cup sizes, with each cup taking less than a minute. You can also choose to use a filter depending on your preferences.
- Dishwasher safe drip tray
- Auto on/off feature
- 48 water reservoir
- 3 cup size settings
- Indicator lights
- Microprocessor Technology
- Comes with a 49-ounce reservoir
- A removable drip tray
- Able to work with non-Keurig K-cups
- Used to make different flavors of tea and coffee
- Lacks the auto-start feature
- Requires frequent cleaning of the internal and exterior parts
- Makes a limited amount of coffee
The K250 model is one of the most elegant coffee makers in the market. Equipped with a 40-ounce reservoir, the unit is ideal as you can make lots of coffee in one go. You can find a model to suit your interior décor as its available in various colors. The space saving design makes it a perfect choice if you have limited space.
The strength control function helps you to make your coffee to suit your taste buds. Furthermore, the removable drip tray machine makes it easy for you to clean the unit. Another great addition is that the K250 is compatible with the K-mug, K-cup, and K-carafe sizes.
- 40 ounce reservoir
- Strength control
- Ability to control the strength of your coffee
- Comes in different brew sizes
- A sleek and fashionable design
- Not able to keep coffee hot enough
- Doesn’t support third party K-cups
The K15 coffee maker is a compact, yet operational brewer for your home. It’s critical to note that its compact design doesn’t affect the quality of coffee brewed. The best thing about this unit is that it supports all types of K-cups.
- A 10 oz. reservoir
- Entry level operation
- Easy to operate
- Ability to support all kinds of K-cups
- One touch functionality with button controls
- Versatile in that you can brew anything you like
- Available in multiple colors
- Comparatively slower compared to other brands
- Doesn’t have a reservoir
- Not able to change the strength of the coffee
- Power cord is only 36 inches long
Keurig coffee makers boast of elegant design, durability, and excellent brewing capabilities. As a user, the K-cups make your life simpler by allowing you to brew more cups at once. The Keurig brand is famous for its compact design, which is a plus especially if you don’t have a lot of storage space. The above top rated coffee maker options will make your selection process easy. Compare the prices and choose a brewer with features that meet your needs.